Matt grew up on a ranch in Weatherford, Texas, in a family of lawyers and judges. He saw in his early life that lawyers can be instrumental figures in people’s lives. As a Christ-follower, Matt firmly believes that every divorce or custody issue should be handled with the utmost care.
“Our approach is designed to resolve any and all issues in an amicable manner. This keeps costs lower for our clients, but more importantly, it doesn’t destroy the family dynamic. Coparenting is incredibly difficult after a heated and drawn out divorce or custody battle.”
Matt received his Bachelor’s degree at Dallas Baptist University and attended The University of North Texas College of Law, where he graduated in two years. During his time at DBU, Matt volunteered for numerous ministries and nonprofit organizations. While in law school, he joined the Christian Legal Society to create a mission group designed to meet the needs of the homeless within the DFW community. Matt believes that regardless of his faith, we all have a duty to care for our fellow men and women.
Matt’s area of focus is family law, but the firm also handles estate planning and business formations.
“I believe it takes a certain temperament to practice family law. As attorneys, we guide people through arguably the most difficult season of their lives. We have a duty to promote civility and effective co-parenting when possible. However, we understand some issues need to be handled in a courtroom. I love to litigate as much as anyone, but not everyone’s needs are best met through costly court proceedings. Every case we take has an incredibly personal and detailed plan of action, for that client’s desired outcome.
- Collin County Local Profile Top Attorney 2023
- Collin County Local Profile Top Family Law Attorney
- Frisco Style Magazine’s Top Attorneys 2023
- Frisco Style Magazine’s Top Family Law Attorneys 2023
- Fort Worth Magazine’s Top Family Law Lawyers 2023
- Collin County Local Profile’s “Top Attorneys for 2022” (only 24 firms/lawyers receive this award)
- Frisco Style Magazine’s “Top Lawyers 2022” (only 22 firms/lawyers receive this award)
- Fort Worth Magazine Top Family Law Attorney 2022
- Fort Worth Magazine 2021 “Top Family Law Attorneys”
J.D. – University of North Texas Law School
State Bar of Texas
Tarrant County Bar Association
Denton County Bar Association